Solutions will be judged on two criteria:
- Innovation - is this a new way of solving a problem, does it use a new business model or tool, or does it bring a new way of thinking to the solutions process?
- Implementation - can this solution be implemented? Is it feasible, how much funding will it need, do we have resources available to make it happen?
The Solution Showcase judging panel included:
· Dr. Jim Johnsen, president of the University of Alaska
· Bill Popp, CEO of Anchorage Economic Development Corporation
· Katherine Jernstrom, CEO of The Boardroom
· Jon Bittner, executive director of Alaska Small Business Development Center
· Julie Decker, CEO of Anchorage Museum
· Dr. Bogdan Hoanca, interim dean of UAA College of Business and Public Policy